Its midnight when my mother wakes me up telling me there are blasts in the city and mumbai is literally under seige. I tumble out of bed and plop in front of the television watching the mayhem slowly unfurl. As I watch the carnage slowly unfurl I feel the bile rise to my throat, its not the first time mumbai has been under attack, not the first time I've felt disillusioned and helpless but its the first time as I watch the images aired on the news that i feel sick.
I have never followed the news so loyally as i did the last 3 days. Listening to accounts of massacre and mayhem, sitting and wondering WHY?
Why is there so much hate in this world? Why do people demarcate themselves on the grounds of religion and faith when the fundamental mission of every religion on Earth is the same; resolve differences. Why are people converting or killing in the name of religion? Which prophet, saint or oracle that came down to Earth bearing God's message taught to take innocent lives in the name of God, taught to hate and hurt others, to massacre millions of people under the guise of spreading the word of God? Which prophet held a sword to anyones neck and tell the person to follow his footsteps or come into a particular faith? NONE. There's a reason why they sacrificed their lives instead of taking lives to spread the message of God.
They all taught God is one. Indeed he is, he is the same one whom a HINDU calls Ishwar, a Muslim calls Allah, a Christian calls The Lord, a Zoroastrian calls Ahura Mazda and so forth.
I realise this as I watch the news. Yes God is one and he is just to everyone for he created each and everyone of us whether hindu, muslim, catholic, jew, zoroastrian, jain, buddhist,bahai etc
For he saved a christian as much as he saved a hindu, muslim, parsi, jew etc. he did not ask either for their religion before saving them. Then why are we dividing ourselves in the name of God when he does not divide us. Why are we dividing ourselves in the name of religion when they all teach the same thing, One God who loves everyone equally; all men and women are equal; to do good and dread the fires of hell if we do wrong. Why do we fight to claim one religion is better then other when they all teach and say the samething just in a different language? Why do we fight over God when he loves us all and helps us all?
Those who claim to fight for God and give gory attacks like these as testimonies are just fooling themselves. Open your eyes. Who are we to fight for God when we cannot even follow his word properly. Those he chose to fight for him GAVE their lives for him not TAKE lives. Terrorism does not see religion its does not even see humanity, it sees only hate...blind, baseless hate. A hate so strong that it overrides the love our prophets gave their lives to spread.
Terrorism is like a parasite, it lives on blood. Anybody's blood.
I am crying as I see the death toll rise slowly. The blood spilt in Taj, Oberoi, Nariman house, CST etc did not have a religion, it was the blood of an INNOCENT which lay spilt, mixed with the blood of other innocents. Those who died, died innocent, bereft of a religion; victims of a few misled heartless men who massacred them in the name of GOD.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment